[pct-l] Hyatt Lake Resort & Fish Lake Resort - Maildrops

At 09:48 AM 2/27/2004 -0800, Datto wrote:
>Anyone have experience sending maildrops to Hyatt Lake Resort (1745.1)
>and/or Fish Lake Resort (1775.8)? Any past problems with these two places
>as far as maildrops?

Hyatt Lake resort was unusual. It was a full resort with cabins, but when
we were there (early August), only 1 family was staying there. The fetid
lake was giving off a terrible smell, the restaurant was closed, mosquitoes
were swarming and a few cows were grazing by the lake. I imagined the small
children looking up to their father and saying, "Daddy, you are such a
tightwad."

However, in 2002, they sold candy bars, ice cream and soda, gave out the
re-supply packages and ran a copious hiker box which they encouraged hikers
to use. The proprietor was nothing but kind and helpful to all the hikers.

I didn't stop in at Fish Lake.

Tangent