[pct-l] High Route

Jeff...   I did the section from Cedar Grove to Mammoth Lakes.  Just over 100 miles.  I had to arrange a ride back to my truck.  It took me just over two weeks.  I carried enough food for 12 days, 40 lb. pack.  It doesn't seem like much mileage, but believe me 8 miles a day cross country pooped the old boy out.  I got a couple of days of food at Vermilion Resort and then finished up at Mammoth.  I did it in late August, and still had numerous small patches of snow to go through or around.  I think I hiked an average of 6 hours in a day.  By then I was looking for a scenic campsite (nothing but), and collapsed to rest before eating as much food as was humanly possible.  I was 47 at the time and at best only in reasonable shape.  I've heard of people doing 12-15 miles a day on the High Route.  I would love to shake their hands or bow down in worship.  Let me know if I can help in any way.
                                Eric