[pct-l] Bikes on PCT

Jane and I were eating lunch on the trail above the Lakes District in 1992.
It was the only flat spot without bushes.  There were lots of granite
boulders, and the trail wound its way through them.  We heard noises coming
down the trail and a guy came round the bend on a mountain bike.  He saw us,
ten feet away or so, and braked hard enough that his bike went sideways and
the rear up.  He came down on a boulder and crushed his front sprockets.
His buddy stopped behind him and  they both swore and commiserated and
discussed what to do.

Jane and I sat there, eating pilot crackers and peanut butter and jelly, and
watched them ignore us.  They turned around without acknowledging our
presence and went back to wherefrom they came.

Another moment on the trail...

Jeff Olson
Laramie Wyoming...