[pct-l] Touching the Void

In a message dated 2/23/2004 10:52:20 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Lonetrail@aol.com writes:

> If I wanter to do a Continental Trail Section around the end of February
> what
> would be a good section with less snow. Say about 70 t0 80 miles

You sure you don't want to do the Florida Trail?

I would imagine any where along the CDT will be nasty about this time, but
your best bet would be starting in southern NM.  You could do the first 70 miles
starting form the border at Palomas Mexico and hike to Deming.  That's the
CDT Society route and one of  three you can choose from.

www.cdtsociety.org

Weather for Deming this week, get it while it's wet!

Monday: Periods of rain. Thunder possible. High 53F. Winds SW at 10 to 20
mph. Chance of rain 70%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch.
Monday night: Showers this evening becoming less numerous overnight. Low 37F.
Winds W at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
Tuesday: Windy. A few showers early with partly cloudy skies later in the
day. High around 55F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Tuesday night: Clear to partly cloudy. Low 34F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.
Wednesday (24 hours): Abundant sunshine. Highs in the upper 50s and lows in
the mid 30s.
Thursday (24 hours): Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the
upper 30s.
Friday (24 hours): Chance of showers. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the
upper 30s.
Saturday (24 hours): Mostly cloudy. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the mid
30s.
Sunday (24 hours): Occasional showers. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the
mid 30s.