From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of
Hiker97@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2004 8:36 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Bikes on the PCT

I asked a clerk at a sporting goods store here in Las Vegas what trails
would
be good for bike camping.  He mentioned the PCT.  I told him that I thought
it was strictly for walkers and pack animals (horses/llamas).  What are the
fines for biking on the PCT?  I guess there are right-aways in some areas
and
parks and BLM lands, etc., in other areas.  Thanks, Switchback