[pct-l] Glacier Peak Area -- Section K in Washington State

We can all come up with alternatives. We can all just look at the maps and
come up with an opinion. But maybe that route is no more feasible than the
PCT right now.

 I have been through the High Pass High Route.  It is a high route(need a
map, compass, ice ax), not a trail(there is no flagging, no cairns, no trail
when I went through, and if there was  snow in Sept and , it will not  like
the Sierra stuff).  The last time I looked the Indian Pass and the Buck
Creek Pass trails were closed.  Who knows about Boulder Pass and the
Napeequa area???

Both I and another poster mentioned this route months ago.  So what?  These
trails may be in worse shape then the PCT.

How can anybody decide what is a reasonable alternative until there is
accurate information that has come from ground truthing the situation.  Do
you think that sending somebody in with skis or shoeshoes (quite apart
fromthe avalanche danger) is going to give a accurate view of the trail ,
which probaby is under 5-10 feet of snow.  This is not about making an
administrative decision!!!

Being a thruhiker is about flexibility, and making your own decisions -
hopefully with accurate information, not with some image conscious
propagada.  Some people will just probably walk the original PCT and some
others may do something else.

Why rush, why worry?

NObody sponsored my thruhike or PCT ride, least of all the PCTA, and I found
that I was unlikely to get good trail information from them - if they had
not done recent trail maintenance on the area, they rarely had infomation.
I still support them.

Goforth