[pct-l] PCT Must Sees?

Despite the opinions of the guide book's author, OR's section B (I-5 to Hwy.
140) has numerous beautiful spots, and very few people w/ whom you must
share them. In the 1st 2 weeks of July, the flower display is absolutely
amazing. The first part of this section sits at the convergence of 3
regions- the Great Basin, the Cascades, and the Siskiyous. As a result, the
biodiversity is staggering. There is a place on Hobart Bluff- I take my
students there every May- where you can see 10 different species of tree
while standing in one spot.

Specific hi-lites:
tiger lilies as tall as your waist
the view of Ashland and the Rogue Valley from a grassy hillside N of Green
Springs Mtn.
near-constant views of Shasta on the ridge from Pilot Rock east to Soda Mtn.
Pilot Rock itself- not for the acrophobic!
learning how to scatter bovines by throwing rocks behind them- freaks 'em
out when they hear crashing sounds coming from the rear- (yeah, I know it's
mean, but so is eating them)
the really cool trail along the W flank of Brown Mtn.- truly an engineering
marvel
the delicious hand-pumped well at the South Brown Mtn. shelter

I could go on... you can tell I am fiercely devoted to my local PCT!

Judson
Ashland