[pct-l] alcohol fuel

HEET should be fine to use.  I've never heard anything about not using
HEET.  I have heard that you should avoid using Iso-HEET so maybe that's
what you're thinking of.

Steve

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, vivek wrote:

 > I know this has been talked about, but I'm still a bit confused.
 >
 > I'm planning using an alcohol pepsi can stove this year.  I know I
 should use "denatured alcohol" as fuel, but other than going to a
 hardware store, how do I find it along the trail.  I had thought "Heet"-
 gasline antifreeze was what people used, but now I hear its not good idea
 to use Heet.   One of the reason I thought of using a alcohol stove was
 that gas line antifreeze is usually available at any gas stations and in
 small quantities- ie I don't have to buy a whole can.

 > Does anyone know what other products "denatured alcohol" is sold as?
 Since I'm not a chemist, Brand names would be most helpful. anyone have a
 top Ten or Top Five list?