[pct-l] PCT Must Sees?

Here are a few, that I felt were inspiring on my hike in '94:

Forester Pass, but don't pause too long lest frostbite set in
The backcountry wildflower meadows in Lassen National Park
The 9 miles of ridge walking south of Sonora Pass
Goat Rocks Wilderness area, especially the view of Mt Ranier from Packwood
Glacier
Methow Pass in Washington (camp close to the ledge)

Phil Hough
Nowhere Man

>From: Gary Wright <radar2k2@earthlink.net>
>To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
>Subject: [pct-l] PCT Must Sees?
>Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:13:57 -0500
>
>When I was reading at-l before hiking the AT in 2002 there was a nice
>thread about special spots on the AT that a thru-hiker might want to slow
>down and enjoy.  For example, spending the afternoon at Tinker Cliffs and
>watching the sunset or the Gulf Hagas side trail.
>
>Are there any nominations for similar points of interest on the PCT?  Mt.
>Whitney is a given of course.
>I'm taking notes...
>
>Radar
>homepage.mac.com/at2002/
>AT2002,PCT2004?,CDT?

"What lies before us and what lies behind us are small matters compared to
what lies within us. And when we bring what is within out into the world,
miracles happen." - Henry David Thoreau

Phil Hough
PO Box 393
Sagle, ID 83860
(208) 255-2780
nowhere_man97@hotmail.com

Dream of owning a home? Find out how in the First-time Home Buying Guide.
http://special.msn.com/home/firsthome.armx