[pct-l] Water Info site

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kent Ryhorchuk" <kentr-lists@sbcglobal.net>
To: "'PCT-L'" <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 5:57 AM
Subject: RE: [pct-l] ADZPCTKO, to go or not to go?

Kent wrote in part:   As for the water problem, I'm counting on information
to be
> posted on the PCTA website (which has been reliable in previous years).

PCTA website has reportedly not always been timely in posting water reports,
possibly because all of the irons they have in the fire.  For those who may
have missed AsABat's 2/15 pct-l post and have deleted it, here's the
content:

This season I am compiling water reports for Southern California at
www.4Jeffrey.Net/pctwater .
These reports come from other hikers, email, and by scouring this list. They
are only as good as the information given to me. I date every entry so you
can decide for yourself how things might have changed.

Caches are another matter. First, NEVER rely on a cache. The group ahead of
you might have taken a bath with it. (Definitely not cool.) Second, the most
important caches are usually established to support the thru-hiker season.
This may be changing, as I have reports of small caches last month where
there were none last summer.

Hopefully we can automate the water report page in the future, but for now,
I'll do my best. Thanks for some of the PCT-L members, I have reports for
almost all of Section A and half of Section B for January and February.

AsABat

Take a look at the site.  His undertaking a truly bigtime.