[pct-l] ADZPCTKO, to go or not to go?

Another alternative to leaving early and wanting to still go to the
ADZPCTKO is to arrange a ride back to the kickoff from any of the convenient
points north; Warner Springs, Anza, Idylwild, I-10, Big Bear, even I-15.  Then
after the event the same person who picked you up can take you back on their
way home.  You can arrange this through the ADZ super site ride board.
Several people have done this in past years.  Many southern California supporters of
the trail come down for the kickoff and offer such rides.

Regarding trail conditions;  Tim Stone, the USFS PCT Manager has attended the
kickoff the last two years and is likely to attend this one.  He is currently
focused on the Washington problem and I will ask him to speak to it at the
kickoff.  As Monte noted, it is too early to give or get ANY reliable
information on this area until the snow melts off.

Regarding water reports;  Up-to-date water reports and cache locations will
be provided at the kickoff.  AsABat has started a website to collect water
information at; http://www.4jeffrey.net/pctwater

Also trail conditions can be reported to and collected from "Trail Angel
Heaven" at; http://www.seedwiki.com/page.cfm?doc=TrailAngels&wikiid=3998

Boy, you guys/girls have it easy these days.  So much information and support!

Greg "Strider" Hummel
ADZPCTKO Coordinator

In a message dated 2/17/2004 2:47:49 PM Pacific Standard Time,