[pct-l] MT Whitney PCT

"everyone hikes their own hike" or something like that...
A great phrase I've only just recently learned from this AWESOME e-mail list.

My 2 cents...

Last August, I had the opportunity to spend a week in Colorado, peak bagging four of the state's 14'ers.
The week before I flew off, I spent at a Boy Scout summer camp here in the San Berardinos, about 6k high.
I didn't have any acclimatization problems once I got to Dallas Peak, our base camp, 4k below Mt Sneffels.
I really believe that the prior week at just 6k helped me out a lot. The rest of my week in CO was fine.

Probably, the greatest advantage thru-hikers have over the occasional hikers going up the portal is simply the better physical condition they're in. Also, the trail from Crabtree starts much higher than the trailhead at portal...

M i c h a e l   S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m