[pct-l] (Guest Post) Pooh Corner -2004

* Message posted to PCT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
* by our guest Bill Person <bill@billperson.org>.
* Please use <mailto:bill@billperson.org> to reply to the sender.

Again in 2004, Bill and Molly Person will be providing free hospitality for Pacific Crest Trail thru-hikers at the Donner Summit (old hi-way 40) area just north of Lake Tahoe. We live about four miles from the PCT and will pick up and deliver hikers from the trail.  We will be open from the start of the season to July 31.
Pooh Corner receives food drops, provides beds, meals, showers, laundry, etc.  We also make airport runs for significant others and anything else we can to support thru hikers in their quests. Our cabin faces on Donner Lake and provides swimming boating, etc. or just plain loafing.

Mail to Truckee is VERY slow!!!  Priority mail usually takes six days or more to reach us.  We pick up mail once a day in the early afternoon.  We mail outgoing mail for hikers departing on Saturday and Sunday only.

Bill hiked the AT in 96 (Pooh, SillyOldBear) and welcomes the chance to repay a little of the hospitality I received.  Here is our contact information.

Food Drops & communications (This is the local Mailboxes, Etc.)

Bill & Molly Person
PMB 154
11448 Deerfield Dr.
Truckee, CA 96161
(530) 587-4485
bill@billperson.org  (checked daily)
http://BillPerson.org

I look forward to meeting the class of 2004 and old friends at the kickoff!!!