[pct-l] Sewing sil-nylon..

Franc wrote:

Hi Jeffrey!  You can use a regular sewing machine for sil-nylon, just make
sure you have a very small needle, size 70 or 80, and make sure it's new.
My advice would be to carefully adjust the tension (mine is around 4 i
think..) to get even stiches and BE PATIENT!!!  The stuff is soooo
slippery!!

A few more good tips:
*  Use an iron on low heat setting to get creases in hems and seams before you sew them.  Makes managing that slippery material slightly less aggravating.
*  Use metal binder clips to hold pieces of the material together before you sew them.  Works better (for me) than pins.
*  Use 100% polyester thread, not cotton-core thread.

Eric