[pct-l] usual date of whitney climb?

You don't have to be super precise.  It is looking to be at least an
average snow year, if not more.  Leaving KM on the 15th of June (Ray's
Day) will put you in a position to climb Whitney on the 18th.  Note,
however, that it took me, and a lot of other hikers, a month to get to
Kennedy Meadows.  It took others long than that.  But, if it is a big
snow year, there is no reason to push unless you are strong enough
and equipped properly to force the Sierra early.

Suge

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, David Tibor wrote:

> if you leave from the AZDPCTKO this year, what would
> be the estimated date to arrive at the trail up to
> Whitney?  i need to know to put an estimate on my PCT
> permit for 2004 (i.e. estimated Whitney climb date).

Christopher Willett
Department of Mathematics
Indiana University
831 East Third Street