[pct-l] Sewing sil-nylon..

Q:  Is there any special procedure for sewing onto the compression straps on
my
backpack?  What about sewing the Syl-Nylon?  Can you use a regular ol'
sewing machine?

Hi Jeffrey!  You can use a regular sewing machine for sil-nylon, just make
sure you have a very small needle, size 70 or 80, and make sure it's new.
My advice would be to carefully adjust the tension (mine is around 4 i
think..) to get even stiches and BE PATIENT!!!  The stuff is soooo
slippery!!
I finished a tarp a few months ago and everything went well, just don't use
the rip-stop patern as a guide 'cause it's not strait, i learned the hard
way :)
good luck!
-franc

http://fr.ca.search.msn.com/