[pct-l] All about food

Brian,

You raise a very interesting point: "...non-cooked foods tend to contain more water..."
Is there any info available that compares water content between different foodstuffs?

I, for one, always take a stove. And it's not an alcohol ultra-light "you crazy thru hikers" (I'm beginning to become quite fond of that phrase ;)) carry. Mine's a multi-fuel.

To me, there is a certain level of comfort that preparing and consuming a hot cooked meal provides. I also get a kick out of successfully cooking recipes that I'd make at home while on the trail. I'm gonna try baking bread next...

My motto: "If you're goal is just to survive, you're missing the whole point."

M i c h a e l   S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m