[pct-l] Why do you hike solo?

Real simple. I'm a sort of control freak. Why impose that on others? I like
making the decisions and not having to compromise. I'm a middle of the road
sort of guy. I don't like hot shot drivers who are constantly tailgating me
because I am in their way.  Conversely I don't like thumb suckers who go 10 miles
under the speed limit just to be safe. They are in MY way. So rather than look
for a needle in haystack for someone who hikes like me, it is much easier to
just go solo. I don't like making decisions for other men and I don't like
other men making decisions for me. So what other option is there but to thru hike
alone. I could never in a million years hike 6 months with another guy. A
woman that I am compatible with  in hiking style -- well that's another ballgame.
There, I am more than willing to compromise on many things but she would have
to accept me as I am
  As for loneliness, it's WAY overrated
    David C