From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Judith
Gustafson
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 11:46 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: RE: [pct-l] sandels,,,,OH NO,,,,!

(3) I developed a peculiar rhythm to my hiking, stopping every sixth or
seventh step to shake the pebbles and other trash out from between the
Teva and my foot.  (4)  My feet and socks got incredibly filthy and
needed to be washed thoroughly twice a day.  These few problems
notwithstanding I enjoyed hiking in sandals and will do so again, but
will create some sandal-compatible gaiters for next time.  I really
don't know why my feet didn't dry out.  It
makes sense that they would.   Happy trails,  Two Legs (and bare feet)