[pct-l] ice axe, and shoes...

I disagree about the "guaranteed... wet, cold feet".  I have hiked in wet slush in Teva sandals, regular hiking socks, and seal skin (brand)outer socks.  The seal skin socks kept my feet dry and the hiking sock kept my feet warm.  I recently bought a pair of storm socks(also a brand name) but have yet to test them out.  I don't like the mid and high cut hiking boots because once they get wet (as they eventually do) they become very heavy and take a very long time to dry.  If stiffness is a concern for kicking steps in snow,  many low cut hiking shoes are fine (plus ice axe).  Some people use plastic bags (over the sock)to keep their feet dry, but that depends on how much your feet sweat.

Bryan W