[pct-l] food storage, ice axe, and shoes...

Greetings!  I was wondering if folks protect their food stuffs in any way prior to the Sierra.  In Michigan, I always hang my food, not just for bears, but for rodents too.  Can I just mail my bear canister (thanks for the advice, everyone!) to Kennedy Meadows or should I keep it around for S. California too?  ..And what about food storage through Oregon & Washington?

Along those lines, I was also wondering if I should keep my ice axe for S. California or send it to Kennedy meadows....(I'll be starting the trail on ADZPCTKO).  I guess I don't know what the conditions will be like in the higher elevations of Southern California....

Also, should I consider switching from my NB 806's to lightweight hiknig boots for the Sierra??  I was hoping not to, but.......(I could also bring my in-step crampons if needed.....Do I need them????)

Finally, do I need to make any sort of reservation for the kick off party??

Thanks a million :-)  See ya at the Kick Off!!