[pct-l] cold weather clothes

I did not carry rain pants and I never really needed them.  I understand
that 2003 was a dry year while I was on the trail, though.  Note that I
was not on the trail for the hard storm around Idyllwild and I finished
on Aug 21, so I didn't have bad Washington weather to deal with.

I got:

5 minutes of drizzle in the Mojave, a day north of the town itself.
3" snow on July 23 near Benson Pass
45 minutes hard rain near Christie Spring, 35 miles south of Crater Lake
30 minutes of light rain south of Mt. Adams

The last two bits came at night, when I was under my tarp.  I did have
an afternoon of foggy-wet air north of Cascade Locks, a morning of the
same going around Mt. Adams, and most of a day of it around Glacier
Peak (I have no idea what Red Pass looks like), which fortunately
cleared off a little before Fire Creek.  Rainpants just wouldn't
have helped much on my hike.

Suge

Christopher Willett
Department of Mathematics