[pct-l] Types of Music Players

Last year I got iRiver MP3 player with FM radio and 512MB memory. I get
about 16 hours out of my battery and since they are replaceable this is not
a problem. The only disadvantage is, that I need a cable to download new
files. Still I believe it would be easy to downnload new songs at a town
stop. I will prepare a set of songs already on my file server.
What I am also not happy so far are the ear phones. The standard type does
not feel very nice when hot and easily come off when moving too vigorous.
Any suggestions on earphones?
Adrian from Switzerland