From: "Mike Saenz" <msaenz@mve-architects.com>
To: "Steve Courtway" <scourtway@bpa-arch.com>;
<pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 2:56 PM
Subject: RE: [pct-l] Cedar Fire Perimeter at the PCT

> Really?
> The PCT appears to parallel the Sunrise Highway from Mt Laguna to Cuyamaca
and doesn't drop below 4600 feet in elevation...
> Does the trail run through desert along this 20 mile segment? I'm
currently "in the pines" right now (a beautiful change of scenery from
coming out of the valley at the 8 freeway!)
> One map shows that this segment skirts the Anza Borrego, but is this
really desert climate at 4600'?

> Also-
> Since I only get weekends to do my semi-segments, I only do a little over
20 miles per trip. Are there decent campsites and possible general stores
along this portion? It runs so close to the highway that perhaps I could
cache provisions along the trail...