[pct-l] Time Wise Grocery / Snoqualmie

In a message dated 1/23/2004 11:32:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
weir@turbonet.com writes:

> Another option is to take the bus east to Cle Elum.  It has a couple of
> good
> sized grocery stores, restaurants, motels, etc.  Also, if it is rainy at
> Snoqualmie Pass

Hey that reminds me.  I my girlfriend met me at the Pass with a car and took
us to Cle Elum for the night.  Ummm food, shower, food!  We also got to go to
Roslyn which is nearby and was the setting for the fictional town of Cicely,
AK for all you Northern Exposure fans.  Pretty neat, had a burger and a beer at
the Brick.

Oh yeah, it wasn't raining when we arrived at the Pass, but when we got
dropped back off.  By the time we hit the high point of the climb it had stopped
raining, but it was pretty much a whiteout with fog.  Then, although I could see
any lightening,  I started hearing thunder.  It was a first time experience
and pretty spooking when you're not sure how close it is or where it's coming
from.

Fun!

Sly