[pct-l] PCT Map Programs Redux

A while back there was some discussion about sources of PCT maps.  Some talk
was centered on computer programs...during which I extolled the 3-D virtues of
DeLorme's Topo.  I have been doing some virtual hiking to get me through the
winter, and I have discovered that Topo has some serious errors.  I have yet
to check diligently, but... for example... at mile 75.7 in SoCal section E,
where the trail skirts the badlands just before Cottonwood Creek.  Topo shows the
trail following the road straight up through the badlands, which if you take,
will get you there, but only after seven or eight up and downs totaling more
than a thousand feet of climbing ( and dropping down).

 At Tehachapi Pass it shows the trail going up the ridge west of Waterfall
Canyon and over the summit of Red Peak, rather than crossing through the canyon
and up its east ridge, staying well away from the peak.  Who knows how many
other errors there are, I have just begun to look.

No Way
Ray Echols