[pct-l] Forest Thinning in the Sierra Proposed

	<<According to the Sacramento Bee, the Forest Service is
publishing a revised "forest thinning" plan for the Sierra Nevada.
The primary goal of the plan is to prevent damaging forest fires.
Logging will be tripled from Clinton-era limits, including "near
clear-cuts".  Environmentalists plan to sue (what do you expect?).>>

But hey, think of all the great views if we just cut down those damn trees!
And we'd never have forest fires! Or blowdowns! Why don't we see if there
are oil reserves under Mt. Whitney, while we're at it?

Judson
Ashland