[pct-l] Re: San Felipe Hills alternate route?

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Gray wrote:

>... That night I
> camped near the (empty) water cache (Bar-S-Bar Ranch?), and upon
> returning from the side trail to another cache with some water, found my
> camp spot had grown by about 7 people. For the first time on the trail,
> I got to talk to fellow hikers before bedding down, which was very
> pleasant. The next day I pulled my first 20 mile day, making it all the
> way to Warner Springs...

Hey, that must have been Me, Glory, Tom, and Jenny that joined you
that night.  It was pretty bastard hot that day on the walk to the cattle
gate where we found your tent. I remember being amazed that I could find
no shade at all in the hills until about 4 in the afternoon, when the
sun got low for the hills to cast just a bit of a shadow. Tom was
hidden next to a rock, just past which I found Jenny pressed up against a
bush.  I was eventually able to lean against a 50 degree slope in the
shade for a little rest.

Suge

Christopher Willett
Department of Mathematics