[pct-l] South-bound questions

Slowly I start with my planning for this years section hike from the
Canadian border to Oregon. I was thinking of flying into Seattle early
August where I would prepare and send off my mail-drops. One possibility
then would be to take Greyhound and travel to Manning Park via Vancouver.
Since with my Swiss passport I am a bit worried about the border sitation,
i.e. re-entering the US via the Green Border, I wonder if there is a
possibility accessing the northern terminus of the PCT from the South, i.e.
without leaving the States?
The other questions is how many miles per day can I expect to make during
this August-September hike, taking into account the shorter days. I am in
reasonable good shape and averaged 20 miles on the AT (including days off)?
Thanks
Adrian alias Matterhorn AT01