[pct-l] permit paperwork in No. Cal. and Oregon

If I read this correctly, your 447 miles are all on the PCT??  Why not
"plan" a 500-mile trip.  Apply for your PCT thru-hiker permit.  When you're
on the trail, "something" will happen which will prevent you from completing
the last 53 miles of your"planned" hike.  So you go home after walking 447
miles.

hee hee hee.

Each year, multiple potential thru-hikers start the trail with their
500+mile thru-hiker permit.  They quit at Lake Morena, or Big Bear City, or
Wrightwood.  They go home after not hiking at least 500 miles.  Yet they
were covered by the permit.

Don't get me wrong, you're doing the right thing.  It just seems like a lot
of work when the "Visitor's Permit" provided by the PCTA would cover you
just fine.

yogi