[pct-l] International coffees

Andrew Priest wrote:

> Hi
>
> Sounds interesting for one is a bit of a coffee fanatic. Not sure I
> have every heard of the carnation instant breakfast mix before, but
> can get the instant coffee. Comes in a tube right?
>
> What is the instant breakfast mix? Might be able to come up with an
> alternative.

http://www.nestleusa.com/consumerSite/brand/brand.asp?brd_node=200152411101644067117&div_id=20017310313520431203254

I use this frequently.  I'll pre-mix a packet of IB, and the appropriate
amount of Nestle's Klim (powdered whole milk), and in the morning, add
it to one of my water bottles.  If critters and the temperature aren't a
problem, I prefer to mix it the night before...the flavors seem to blend
and settle a bit. It becomes a breakfast that I can eat while breaking
camp.  If I pack too quick, I can start walking, and still keep
"eating".  At the first water stop, I'll use the refill of the bottle to
wash it clean.

It serves not only to give me a dose of calories at the start of the
day, (roughly 280), and a good chunk of daily vitamins, but helps me to
keep hydrated.  I found that when eating a dry breakfast, I would
accompany it with only a few swallows of water, but by drinking my
breakfast I would be forced to take in more.  And, I find that I don't
drink nearly enough water unless I actively work at it.

FWIW the milk/IB combination weighs 2.5 oz plus the container.