[pct-l] International coffees

Don't give up the coffee!

Like most every things in life, taken in moderation coffee is not bad for
you. While on the trail last year i got my fix by mixing up two packets of
carnation instant breakfast mix, any flavor except strawberry, and a healthy dose of
carnation instant coffee. I would make up this concoction before going to
sleep each evening. By 5:00 am my carnation coffee mix was really cold and tasted
like a milkshake. On cold mornings I would drink the fix, wait in my sleeping
bag until the coffee kicked in, then jump up pack, and be on the trail by
5:20. I am very cold natured and this fast start was the only way I could handle
those cold mornings. Many times by 2:00 pm I was starting to drag, so a second
coffee fix would get me a another 10 miles down the trail. Bicycle racers
have been using coffee to boost their performance for years. It's the only drug
that is legal.

Happy Trails Walt