[pct-l] (no subject)

In a message dated 1/12/04 12:59:24 AM, alfrei@wm.edu writes:

<< Can anyone give me any advice about mosquitoes on the
trail??  I am planning on hiking for three weeks in Oregon
in late May, but am worried that the mosquitoes will be
unbearable.  Are they that bad?  Should I plan to go in
August instead?

You certainly won't have to worry about mosquitoes in May in Oregon. The
likelihood is you will be traveling on snow at elevations of above, say 3500', is
pretty good. August would be a better month if you want to avoid both snow and
mosquitoes
 David C