[pct-l] (no subject)

<<Hi,

Can anyone give me any advice about mosquitoes on the
trail??  I am planning on hiking for three weeks in Oregon
in late May, but am worried that the mosquitoes will be
unbearable.  Are they that bad?  Should I plan to go in
August instead?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks,
Andrea>>

You will have no problem whatsoever in May because no part of OR is hikeable
at that time. The lowest part of the OR PCT are hikeable in June, but they
are not extensive. Most of the trail is cover w/ snow until July 4th or so,
leaving July as the bad skeeter month. Either pick a different time or a
different place. These statements are based on 25 yrs. experience in the
Oregon Cascades.

Judson
Ashland