[pct-l] Snow Camping in Washington

You might think about going North from White Pass.  It is snowy and the
topography is somewhat gentle,  you can just go off in the woods and camp.
It is also in the PCT book, You might take the PCT if you can follow it up
to Deer or Sand Lake.  I did this as an overnight years ago.

I do not know if the Mt Loop Hiway has been fixed yet, it was washed out;
and it usually is not open all year around.  Hiway 20 past Newhalem I think
is still behind a landslide.

You might just get a list of the Sno-Park locations, because that is the
only places that you can leave your car, and then go hiking from there.  I
think you could even camp in the snow at the Cabin Creek /Amabile Ridge
Sno-Park(near Snoqualmie Pass), just get far enough away ( and away fromthe
cabins there ).  Whereever you go, bring snowshoes or skis, and a compass,
or GPS.

The Teanaway might be a possibility depending how passable the road is.
Check on the Washington Trails assoc website.

Take a candle and HOLDER and be careful with it.  Headlamps were not much
good when I did winter camping.  The nights are very long and cold and the
candle offers solice and company.  Take a pack of cards and a friend and a
good sized tent.  Amazing how a foot of new snow overnight makes a tent a
lot smaller.  Figure out how you are going to anchor the tent before you
go; many tent stakes are not much good( you can put a stick or branch
through the loop of the tent guy and bury it)

Goforth