[pct-l] Gear Test Notifications - Tabulations to date

Hi,

>     The BGT list exists for the purpose of managing the testing process.
> It isn't the best way to keep track of completed reviews, if that's your
> only interest. That's the reason for the once-a-month announcements.

It is fairly easy to create a new list whose only purpose is to post
once-a-month announcements.

>     In a 'vote' reminiscent of the mandate received by George W. Bush,

You might be walking on thin ice.

> Which apparently means discussing nothing but bear canisters, Bush's
> environmental policies, and Mars, judging by the lack of complaints
> about /those/ threads...

The difference is that people make an effort and spend their time writing
down opinions on those topics. I honor their efforts of sharing
information. This is different from using mechanized means of filling as
many channels as possible with the same posting. (For the same reason I
believe that Andrew does this list a service, if he answers a question to
a specific piece of gear with a link to the testing website.)

I've gotten pretty good at using filters to maximize what I get out of the
many emails/newsgroup postings that are available everyday. But I would
prefer not to use them.

Ilja.