[pct-l] Re: Early season Streams Techniques and problem creeks

In a message dated 1/8/2004 11:26:01 AM Pacific Standard Time,
rellinwood@worldnet.att.net writes:
> [...]
have crossed a number of them?  How do you know it will hold you?<<<<<<

Try to go in a group and get the heaviest person to cross first.  If he makes
it, chances are you might too.  <G>

On a more serious side, they merit care.  While not a snow bridge, I had an
experience in Boy Scout Canyon, up the front of Whitney.  The canyon was filled
with snow and I was walking close to a rock wall.  The snow gave way and
below me, I could see at least 15' down to the ground.  Fortunately I didn't go in.

No Way
Ray Echols