[pct-l] Convenced,,,,!

----------
> From: Norma <n.ruiz@verizon.net>
> To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
> Subject: [pct-l] Convenced,,,,!
> Date: Saturday, January 03, 2004 10:22 AM
>
> I am totally convenced that a cart is out of the question and
dangerious,I am convenced that a string of pack annimals are the only way
to go,and several wrote and informed me so,I am convenced that a over
weight handycaped person,can do this with no problems,providing I take
enough food,I have convenced,my son to do this first trip with me,from the
Columbia River to whites pass in May,that will be the drop of & pick up
area,does any body have an idea just how far and how long it will
take,remembering that this is going to ba a big hike and camp out,first
trip,,,,! to take all the bugs out,and to see just how the annimals will
work,mainly to get the do,s and dont,s out,,,at this time I would like to
thank Carol,Morion & husband,& Mr, Bankhead,you all been a great deal of
help,and you all put me on the right path,,,thanks   Howard L Ruiz

This is such a crazy idea that I hesitated to respond to it; it indicates
that you need to do a LOT more reading and planning with maps and
guidebooks in hand and then do a single overnight on the PCT.  After that
do a two day stretch on the PCT with horses; when you make it up to a week
stretch on the PCT in MAY returning with horses that are not hungry or
injured, you might consider doing the Goat Rocks in August or September in
a good low snow year.

Wondered if this wasn't just a flamer, so I will not respond hereafter.

Joanne