[pct-l] Re: Early season Streams Techniques and problem creeks

The way I see it, creek crossings are a big part of the adventure and should
be looked forward to. They also keep the crowds down. Why ruin them with
predictability except for generalities that follow the Laws of Nature: Mr. Sun
causes a bigger flow, Mr. Rain causes a bigger flow. And there's less water in the
creeks in late Summer than in late Spring because most of the snow has melted
and gone under the log bridge.  Wait until morning if its too swift. If that
doesn't work or you don't feel like it, either cross them some way or another
or don't. Thankfully, those are your only options.  If you are adverse to
risk, you know what to do: help thin out the crowds.  As for me, I'll be singing
que sera, sera as I cross (will I be dre -enched, will I be dry, here's what
she (the creek) said to me ----)
 Old Chinese proverb: The only way to learn how to cross a creek is to cross
one:( but don't start with the Klamath River) Confucius Dave (or should that
be Confused Dave) I think Socrates said the same thing.