[pct-l] PCT start date. missing the ADZPCTKO?

Many think the KO is worthwhile, especially those that help out each year.
Is it important? That's up to you. There are also a few hikers each year who
deliberately choose to NOT start their hike on the KO weekend to avoid
hiking with the pack, although the pack spreads out very quick. Even on the
KO weekend, some start on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, getting rides back to
the KO each evening.

The KO ends on Sunday April 25. You could certainly hang out at Lake Morena
another couple days if you want. Or just do a few less miles each day the
first couple weeks. Or hike your usual pace and take a couple long town
stops along the way.

AsABat

> Ok, I appaulgize it was a silly question. But I did want to know the level
of importance I should give to the KO.

> I think my problem is I wanted to leave a little later than 4/23? to make
the Muir, Forester, ect passes easier. So actualy I am planning to go 1 week
later. Perhaps I should move my trip 1 week back. (Was going to leave 5/2
and finish about 9/18).