[pct-l] Machine guns???

In a message dated 1/3/04 9:15:52 PM, judsonb@internetcds.com writes:

<< <Machine guns have been illegal in this country since 1934 >>

Okay I'll bite. What's the difference between a machine gun and an automatic
weapon that spits out a whole bunch of bullets in a very short time? Not that
it makes any difference as far as hiking on the PCT. Maybe they're illegal in
the U.S.,too. I'm not exactly an expert on gun laws since I don't own one and
don't plan to. I'm not pro or anti gun.  Just curious, that's all.