[pct-l] bears & food

No Way wrote:
>In 2001, when I arrived at Arrestre Trail Camp... just before Big Bear... I
>found a note on the table that someone  had lost their food the night
>before.
>The camp is a somewhat popular walk in site with picnic tables, fire pits
>and
>piped water.  It was unclear, from the note, whether the person was a PCT
>hiker or not.

My friends Tom Jackson  and Don Johnson saw the same note (2001) and hung
their food. In the middle of the night  the  problem bear smashed Tom's tent
and broke the poles with Tom in it. They had to find replacement poles in
Big Bear.
Haven't heard anymore about this  bear. Maybe he was relocated.

jeff( rogue