[pct-l] Bear Again

Hey

Bears are really lazy they prefer scavenging rather them making a kill. They
usually do not like to make human contact. I really don't know or believe all
the stories about bears raiding camp sites, except around Yosemite that is on
the PC. If you want to hear bear stories go backpacking with weekend warriors
they all have seem in there minds dozens of bear attack, each story out does
the other. I have seen only one bear from Mexico to the Oregon border. Maybe
they don't like my smell.
I do believe bears react differently in different section of the world, just
as one explained about the CDT were you may see much more wild life because of
shear numbers.
 When I lived back east we have a saying if you see a bear in the morning it
will be in a freezer by night fall. I will close with this old Indian story.
An eagle can see a leaf fall from 1000 ft. A wolf can hear a leaf fall from a
1000 ft. A bear can smell a leaf fall from a 1000 feet.

lonetrail