[pct-l] bears

In a message dated 1/2/2004 11:57:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
christinpruett@hotmail.com writes:

> However if you are talking biodiversity, I think the PCT would easily
> surpass the CDT given the variety of ecoregions one would hike through on
> the PCT.  Unless you're only counting charismatic-mega-fauna then I'm sure
> the CDT would win.

Well, I was talking wildlife.  I suppose you're correct when speaking of
"ecoregions", given that the CDT doesn't ever go below 4000 feet.

However, I believe the AT is the most biodiverse of the three, with  perhaps
more species in the Great Smokies alone.

Sly