[pct-l] bears

In a message dated 12/31/2003 11:28:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sierra_marmot@yahoo.com writes:

> You'll hike the entire PCT and not see one bear.  In
> fact, you won't see a trace of one bear.  Don't sweat
> it.

Although incredibly scenic, viewing wildlife is one on my main reason for
hiking, and unless you count lizards and marmots (lol) the PCT offered the least
amount of wildlife of the Triple Crown, atleast when I passed, while the CDT
had by far the most.

Literally 1000's of elk, plus deer, black bear, griz, moose, antelope, wild
horses, mountain lion, rattle snake, javelina, mountain goat, mountain sheep
(ram?), marmot, pika, bald and golden eagle, cranes, etc.  It seemed everyday it
was something new.

It's well worth the effort and a good choice after hiking the PCT.

YMMV,

Sly