[pct-l] Mad " Cow" Monte

A couple of years ago we used frozen 'hard' cowpies to hold down our tarp
sides while hiking the PCT Aqua Dulcie to Walker Pass in the last week of
Nov. and first week of Dec.   We could not get stakes into the ground and
there were only a couple of rocks that we were able to get out of the ground
so we managed to get each corner(of an A frame set up) secured and then
banked the A frame up with cowpies both sides. Each end was tied off with
rope to existing bushes or small tree with use of my poles.

Also while in Tibet one year, I was attracted to the designs around the tops
of the small  houses. On closer inspection they were Yak dung shaped into
various brick sizes (no pun intended) and intricate patterns.  They also
used them for fuel.

Marge   [The Old Gal]
http://www.prothman.org/marge