[pct-l] Mad " Cow" Monte

At 07:19 PM 12/29/03, John Mertes wrote:
>Besides the attraction of fresh pie, you could always pick up the dried
>ones and use them for fuel. Supposedly this is done in India and elsewhere
>where fuel is scarce and expensive. And the smoke may add some extra
>flavor to your chow. wow!

Dunno about India, but I have kept warm to the stinky flames of Yak pies in
Nepal. I was torn between being gassed out of the tea house by the noxious
fumes, or freezing outside in the storm at 16,000 ft.

Add to that the acute AMS, and that made for a couple of sleepless nights
till the storm subsided enough to descend. Fun times...

Hike on