[pct-l] CDT

Kind of off subject, but can someone tell me where to pick up the CDT
southbound as it crosses I-80 in Wyoming? Would Rawlins or Laramie be the better town
to start from? My guess is Rawlins since it's nearer the Continental Divide.
Can I just take a bus to either town and just start walking or will I need to
hitch a ride to a trailhead? Do you have to road walk from I-80 until you are
in the Medicine Bow Mountains? I'm considering doing the Colorado portion of
the CDT since it entails very little road walking, or so I have heard