[pct-l] Re: Rain gear.

Regarding the Marmot "percip":
-----------------------------
I bought a Marmot rain jacket, at least two years ago, and have given it heavy use,
in town, as well as hiking and backpacking, mostly as wind protection, but also in rain.
Even slept in it sometimes when backpacking.  Its held up very well, EXCEPT, for serious
delamination of the white water proofing in the neck area - not until more than
a year of use however.  I recently bought a new Marmot jacket, this time the Anorak style
because it is noticably lighter.  The lining in the new jacket looks different from the old one,
so don't know if there is still a delam problem.

Regarding Golite rain pants.
Have been using the 5oz Golite rain pants.  They pack very compactly and add an amazing
amount of warmth when worn as an outer layer, even when its not raining.  They are definitely
delicate (I've pricked a hole in them and don't even no how.)  I have not needed them
in a heavy downpour yet however.  Would be interested in anybodys experience with golite
raingear in serious rain.

Michael Arnold.