[pct-l] water purification questions

The  most-used treatment method on the PCT is Aqua Mira.  Many hikers (like
me) carry water filters.  Mine is the PUR/Katadyn Hiker.  Many hikers don't
treat their water.

Polar Pure is iodine, and iodine is bad for you, especially if you're
drinking it for 5 months.  In 2001, I hiked with a NASA doctor who cautioned
us against treating water with iodine.  If you choose to treat your water
chemically, Aqua Mira is the way to go.

You'll no doubt get many strong opinions on this subject.

yogi

Tired of slow downloads and busy signals?  Get a high-speed Internet
connection! Comparison-shop your local high-speed providers here.
https://broadband.msn.com